New Years Resolutions?? Ha!
Monday, 27 December 2010 | Admin
I came across a request for submissions to a special seasonal Friday Club over at Notes from Home. The theme is 'New Years Resolutions'.
Now, I've never really been one for New Years resolutions as such as I tend to make resolutions throughout the year on an ongoing basis. Only to break them within days. But I thought I might have another go this year as there's SO much I could improve in my life....
1. I resolve to maintain my current level of interest in my new beech block wooden worktop. Since installation (2 weeks ago) I have religiously sanded and oiled the surface every other night like a good girl. Which I appreciate is necessary to preserve the look of said worktop ongoing, but which I also might get a teensy bit bored of, 2 weeks further down the line.
2. I resolve to take a deep breath and count to 10 BEFORE screaming/yelling like a banshee at my children. No matter what the provocation. Even if they have written over the walls / peed on the new sofa / sneaked a lemon drizzle cake into the teepee in their bedroom and scoffed half of it / flooded the bathroom floor (again).
3. I resolve to take a deep breath and count to 10 BEFORE rising to the bait that my husband lays in his so carefully worded traps. I resolve to then ignore said comment in the manner of a bison ignoring a swarm of pesky buzzing flies.
4. I resolve to first eat a piece of fruit if I feel hungry rather than reaching for a lump of chocolate / cake. This is going to be a tricky one, I've been trying it for a few weeks now and not doing so well. Blaming it on my baby bump can only continue for another three months (although after that I can blame breast-feeding, yippee).
5. I resolve to deal with left-over food immediately by either freezing it, binning it or actually using it up. As opposed to putting it in the fridge in a cling-film wrapped bowl, only to find it covered in mould two weeks later.
I was aiming for 10 New Years resolutions but somehow I think with the 5 I've got, I've got enough on my plate! Would love to hear any New Years resolutions you can share...
Here's what the rest of the Friday Club had to say:
Cass at The Diary of A Frugal Family thinks about resolutions in Happy New Year…..
Nova at Cherished By Me writes A New Year, New Goals?.
Domestic Goddesque writes Dear 2011: a letter to the year ahead.
Diary of a (Not So) Single Mum writes her New Years Resolutions.
Michelle at Mummy From The Heart posts about 2011 – What does the year hold?
Ghost Writer Mummy posts her resolutions at Part 1 Made to be Broken and Part 2 Made for Keeps.
Liz at Violet Posy writes about 2010 and her New Year Resolutions.
Adele at Monkeying Around posts her ideas for healthier, more organised monkeys.
Cartside at Mummy Do That posts her Hopeless Idealist’s plan for 2011.
Mum’s the Word posts about how to ensure a fresh start for the New Year.
Abby at Little Red Buttons posts her resolutions for the new year.